We are delighted to inform you of an exciting campaign which will be launched in our school on March 1st! Following the amalgamation, our school hall is no longer fit for purpose and we are looking to develop a whole new General Practise hall for our school!
We need your help! This project will cost us €100,000. We intend to raise this amount over 3 years; approximately €35,000 per year. We will do this in a couple of ways.
- There will be a significant fundraising event each year for the next three years.
- There will be a running text campaign which we hope you, your friends and neighbours will subscribe to.
How this will benefit our students:
- Students will have access to a state of the art hall for the purposes of Physical Education. In our school, as you have seen with the recent Operation Transformation, we are committed to educating our children about health and fitness through sport and games. Currently we are relying on favourable weather for optimum PE lessons.
- Students will have the facility to stage plays and concerts with the space that they rightly deserve. Nativity plays and end of year concerts will be displayed in setting that is both comfortable for the performers and the audience.
- Music is an integral part of our school culture and a G.P. hall will give us the facility to explore music and performance to a greater degree.
- Students will have the facility to meet with the whole school body for assemblies and awards ceremonies. Currently, for health and safety reasons, our full student body cannot fit into our hall.
How we will keep you posted:
- Regular updates on our school website www.stjohnsarklow.ie
- Regular text updates
- Social media – check out our progress on Facebook (Space to Play Campaign) and Twitter (@spacetoplay1)
How you can help:
- Text SPACE to 50300 to make a €2 donation as often as you can afford to
- Join us in promoting and attending our events
- Subscribe or refer a friend to our gofundme link on school website
- Spread the word!! Ask neighbours and friends to text the number or attend our fundraisers!
If you have a corporate connection who would like to sponsor our big campaign, we would love to hear from you!
Let’s give our children their SPACE TO PLAY!